So you’re heading to the coastal town of Yeppoon – this is a stunning part of Queensland, and when it comes to where to stay there are some great Yeppoon Caravan Parks to choose from.
If you’re looking for a great Yeppoon caravan park – then this guide is going to be a great place to start. In this guide, we cover the very best Yeppoon campsites, including those that are beachfront, have awesome facilities for kids and a few of the pet friendly accommodation Yeppoon has.
We’ve even chucked in a few bonus campsites for you in nearby Byfield National Park and the details of the Keppel islands you can camp on just off the coast.
So let’s get started and find you one of the awesome campsites or caravan parks Yeppoon has!
If you like to camp in Queensland, join our Queensland Camping FB group where you can talk with other campers, ask for advice and share your own camping experiences.
This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclaimer here for more information.
- 1 The Best Yeppoon Caravan Parks Map
- 2 The Best Yeppoon Caravan Park Options
- 2.1 Big 4 Yeppoon NRMA Capricorn Caravan Park
- 2.2 Discovery Parks – Coolwaters, Yeppoon
- 2.3 Beachside Caravan Park, Yeppoon
- 2.4 Kinka Beach – Island View Caravan Park, Yeppoon
- 2.5 Poinciana Tourist Park, Yeppoon
- 2.6 Blue Dolphin Caravan Park, Yeppoon
- 2.7 Maine Caravan Park, Yeppoon
- 2.8 Causeway Caravan Park
- 2.9 Fisherman’s Beach Holiday Park
- 2.10 Byfield National Park Camping
- 2.11 Great Keppel Island Camping
- 2.12 Related posts:
The Best Yeppoon Caravan Parks Map
While Yeppoon’s centre is fairly small, with just a few good caravan parks, the surrounding area has some great options. We cover all of the different caravan and camping Yeppoon options covered in this guide. Check the map below to see where each place is situated. Zoom in and out for a better view!
Keep reading below for full details of all these Yeppoon camping grounds.
The Best Yeppoon Caravan Park Options
In no particular order, below we review all the different caravan parks, Yeppoon Qld has to offer.
The Big 4 Yeppoon NRMA Capricorn Caravan Park is a popular choice for families. Located a 15 minute drive from the centre of town, close to Mulambin Beach, the NRMA Yeppoon Big 4 is packed with some great family friendly facilities and offers loads of different campsites and cabins.
The Big 4 caravan park Yeppoon is the ideal spot for families, with so many awesome things to keep the kids busy. There is a double loop waterslide, swimming pool, playground, jumping pillow, games room, pedal go karts for hire and an outdoor cinema. Plus if you happen to come during school holidays, there are many other fun activities on offer such as arts and crafts, scanger hunts and even special breakfasts.
Other amenities at this Yeppoon camping ground include bbq areas, two camp kitchens, laundry, dump point and a small kiosk.
For the campers, there are both powered and unpowered sites. With the powered sites, you have the choice of either a slab or grass site.
For those that are after a cabin, there is plenty on offer, including:
- 3 Bedroom Lodge: For multiple families holidaying together, this is ideal as it sleeps up to 24 people in 12 bunk beds. The lodge comes with AC, kitchen, bathroom, lounge and dining room.
- 2 Bedroom Deluxe Villa: Surrounded by all the various kid’s facilities, there are 4 x 2 bedroom deluxe villas which sleep 6 in a queen bed and 2 bunk beds. These villas also come with AC, kitchen, bathroom, dining area and small veranda.
- 2 and 3 Bedroom Cottage: The cottages sleep between 6 to 8 people and come with AC, kitchen, bathroom, dining area, lounge and small veranda.
- 2 Bedroom Superior Cabin: This 2 bedroom cabin sleeps 4 in a queen bed and 2 single beds. It also comes with AC, kitchen, bathroom, dining area and small veranda.
- 2 Bedroom Family Cabin: This 2 bedroom cabin sleeps 6 in a queen bed and 2 bunk beds. It also comes with AC, kitchen, bathroom, dining area, lounge and small veranda.
- 2 Bedroom Workers Hut: This 2 bedroom cabin sleeps 4 in a double bed and bunk bed. It also comes with AC, kitchen, bathroom, dining area, lounge and small veranda.
- Standard Family Cabin: These cabins come with 1 bedroom and feature a double bed and bunk bed. They also come with AC, kitchen, bathroom, dining area and small veranda.
- Studio Cabins: These are open plan rooms which sleep up to 4 people. Each cabin comes with AC, kitchen, bathroom, dining area and a small veranda.
A few minutes down the road from the NRMA Holiday Park, is Discovery Parks, another brilliant tourist park for families. Located just a 15 minute drive from Yeppoon’s centre, Discovery Parks Coolwaters is located just north of Kinka Beach. It is a quiet location, surrounded by some stunning beaches and spectacular landscape.
When it comes to kid friendly facilities – there is no shortage here! There is an awesome water park, complete with two big waterslides (for kids 7+) and a couple of smaller ones for the little kids. It also has a range of water jets and other interactive water equipment that the little ones will love playing with. Other great kid friendly facilities include a huge 30m lagoon style swimming pool, playground, a jumping pillow, basketball courts, tennis courts and pedal karts for hire.
Other amenities on site include three amenities blocks, camp kitchen with TV, pool table and table tennis, three laundries, numerous BBQ areas, communal fire pits, dump point and a small kiosk.
There is a range of powered and unpowered sites with both concrete slabs or grassy sites. Unpowered sites start at $29 and powered sites start at $37 – these rates are for two people per night. Additional children aged 3+ are $10 per night and additional adults are $15 per night. Dogs are welcomed on sites too – make sure you let them know when booking.
For those that prefer a cabin – there are loads of different options available. Here is a brief overview of the accommodation options:
- Economy Lodge: For multiple families holidaying together, this is ideal as it sleeps up to 25 people. The lodge comes with 7 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge, dining room, a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom.
- 2 and 3 Bedroom Deluxe Cabins: These cabins sleep between 5 to 8 people and come with a kitchenette (with fridge, microwave, stovetop, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery) dining area, lounge, balcony with outdoor setting, AC and a bathroom.
- 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom Standard Cabins: These cabins sleep between 4 to 8 people and come with a kitchenette (with fridge, microwave, stovetop, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery) dining area, lounge, balcony with outdoor setting, AC and a bathroom.
- Superior Cabins: These cabins sleep 4 people and come with a kitchenette (with fridge, microwave, stovetop, kettle and toaster) dining area, lounge, balcony with outdoor setting, AC and a bathroom.
Beachside Caravan Park, Yeppoon
For those that want to be close to the centre of town, the Beachside Caravan Park, Yeppoon is a great option. It’s just a 5 minute drive into the town centre or a 15 minute walk from the caravan park.
The best thing about this caravan park is its beachfront location – the only caravan park in Yeppoon with absolute beach frontage. Located along the 17km long Farnborough Beach, the park has 5 pathways that will bring you straight out onto the beach.
Beachside Caravan Park has a range of powered and unpowered sites suitable for all types of campers. Whether you have a caravan, motorhome, camper trailer, tent, bus or camper van, you’ll be well catered for. Both concrete slabs and grass sites are available.
Amenities on site include two BBQs, camp kitchen, four amenities blocks, free wifi, coin operated laundry and dump point. This beachfront caravan park, Yeppoon offers also has a kiosk, giant chess set and pedal karts for hire.
Kinka Beach – Island View Caravan Park, Yeppoon
The Island View Caravan Park, Yeppoon is located a 15 minute drive from the town centre, near Kinka Beach. This is a great little caravan park that provides plenty of things to do for the kids and great amenities for campers.
For the kids staying at Island View Caravan Park, there are two swimming pools (one for adults only), a pool table, children’s playground, jumping pillow – there are even farm animals to pet!. Plus if you happen to be staying during school holidays, they usually offer a range of activities such as craft, face painting and baking.
Camping options are available for caravans, motorhomes and tents, with a choice of half slab, full slab or grass sites. All sites are powered and have water. Sites start at $39.50 per night for up to 2 people. Children under 3 stay free and each additional person from 4 is $10 per night.
As well as camp and caravan sites, Island View Caravan park also offer a range of cabins. Here is a brief overview of the different options available:
- Standard Cabins: These cabins sleep four and include a microwave and AC. You’ll also have access to the amenity block.
- Superior Cabins: These cabins have two bedrooms with a queen bed in one and two singles in the other. Also included is a bathroom, TV, fridge, microwave, lounge, AC, fans and an outdoor area. Prices start at $165 per night.
- Deluxe Cabins: These cabins have one bedroom with a queen bed and two bunk beds and a futon in the living area. Also included is a bathroom, TV, fridge, microwave, AC, and an outdoor area. Prices start at $165 per night.
The good news is that this park is one of the dog friendly accommodation Yeppoon offers. Both campsites and cabins are pet friendly, although a dog bond of $60 is payable per booking for those staying in cabins.
Other amenities include two BBQ areas, a large outdoor entertainment area, camp kitchen, a dump point, fish cleaning station, two modern amenity blocks, a small kiosk and a laundry.
Poinciana Tourist Park, Yeppoon
The Poinciana Tourist Park, Yeppoon, is a great choice for those that want to be within easy access to all the area offers. This 6 acre property is located in Cooee Bay, just a 6 minute drive from Yeppoon’s centre. It’s also within walking distances to a supermarket and other places to eat. Plus it’s just 200m from Cooee Bay beach and 500m from Lammermoor Beach.
There is a lovely saltwater swimming pool on site, two amenity blocks, laundry, two BBQs, a camp kitchen, and a dump point. I’ve stayed at many different campgrounds over the years and the amenities here were some of the cleanest I’ve ever seen!
Campsites include both powered and unpowered. Unpowered sites start at $32 and powered sites start at $35. Rates are per night and for two people.
Cabins which sleep up to 4 people are available. These are studio cabins with a queen bed and set of bunk beds. Cabins come with a kitchenette featuring a fridge, microwave, cooktop and a range of crockery. Cabins start at $85 per night for a budget cabin which doesn’t have a bathroom or $99 per night for cabins with an ensuite.
Poinciana Tourist Park is another one of the caravan parks in Yeppoon area, which are dog friendly; however conditions apply.
Blue Dolphin Caravan Park, Yeppoon
The Blue Dolphin Caravan Park, Yeppoon is a no frills park located in a residential part of town. The park is approximately 1 km from the main tourist area so you can easily drive to all the main attractions in minutes or it’s around a 10 minute walk.
The caravan park has both powered and unpowered sites as well as studio cabins. Cabins come with a queen bed and bunk beds as well as a small kitchenette and verandah.
While the caravan park doesn’t offer many extra facilities on site, it provides everything you need for a comfortable stay. While the amenities are old, they are spotlessly clean and include a toilet and shower block and guest laundry. There is also an undercover BBQ area.
The Blue Dolphin Caravan Park is also pet friendly.
Maine Caravan Park, Yeppoon
Main Caravan Park, is a lovely small caravan park that is well maintained and presented with manicured lawns and gardens. It is located in the centre of town just 400m from the main shopping area. From here it is just a short drive to the main tourist area or a 15 minute walk.
Here you will find 24 powered sites and 5 unpowered sites. There are also units available. Main Caravan Park is also one of the pet friendly caravan parks in Yeppoon, QLD.
This caravan park doesn’t feature any bells or whistles, but it does provide everything you need for a comfortable stay, including a clean amenity block, guest laundry and BBQ.
Causeway Caravan Park
The Causeway Caravan Park is located on the Causeway Lake banks, which makes it the ideal spot for those who love their fishing. Not only is this the perfect place to spend your days fishing, but it is also a quiet area which has some lovely areas for swimming.
This caravan park offers both powered and unpowered sites. Powered sites start at $32, while unpowered sites start at $30. These rates are for 2 people per night, with additional people from age 4 being $10 per night.
There are also cabins available which can sleep up to 5 people. All cabins are self contained and have AC. Budget cabins provide access to shared facilities and start at $80, cabins with ensuites are $95 and deluxe villas are $145. These rates are for 2 people per night, with additional people from age 4 being $10 per night.
This is a basic caravan park with limited amenities; however everything you need is here. The park offers an undercover camp kitchen and amenities block. The caravan park is also conveniently located close to the Causeway Lake Kiosk, boat ramp and boat hire.
Pets are also welcome.
Fisherman’s Beach Holiday Park
A 30 minutes drive south of the Yeppoon town centre is Emu Park, where you will find the Fisherman’s Beach Holiday Park. Located directly on Fisherman’s Beach, this is an ideal park for those wanting absolute beachfront in a sleepy, picturesque town.
From Fisherman’s Beach Holiday Park, you can easily walk around to all the towns supermarkets, cafes and shops. It’s also just 700m to the popular Emu Park Anazac Memorial, playground and Emu Park Main Beach.
Onsite there are 96 powered sites which are suitable for caravans, motorhomes as well as tents. If you prefer, there is also the option of 5 unpowered sites.
Fisherman’s Beach Holiday Park also has 3 cabins which can sleep up to 4 people. The cabins feature a queen bed in the master bedroom and a set of bunk beds in a little sleeping nook. Other features include a kitchenette (microwave, fridge, cooktop, electric frypan, pod machine, crockery and sink), lounge, dining area, private bathroom, verandah, AC, ceiling fans and TV.
The caravan park is also pet friendly (including 1 of the cabins) and there is an off leash beach right next door. For people that prefer to camp away from other dogs, you’ll be pleased to know that there is a section of the park where dogs are not allowed.
Facilities on site include a camp kitchen with a large fridge, toaster, electric jug, electric hotplates, barbecues and washing up facilities, three amenities blocks, bbq areas, two laundries, a giant chess board and two dump points.
Byfield National Park Camping
Just north of Yeppoon is the Byfield Parks, made up of the Byfield National Park, the Byfield State Forest and the Byfield Conservation Park. While many people come for a day trip to explore the lush rainforest, stunning coastline, massive dunes and gorgeous freshwater creeks.- with so much to do here an even better idea is to camp here for a few days.
To explore all the parks’ attractions (I’ll just refer to all three parks as one) you will need a 4WD, but it is not essential for having a fantastic trip in the area. A 4WD will just get you to some of the more remote areas.
Whether you take a 2WD or 4WD, there are plenty of places to camp as well as day use areas with BBQs and toilets. The various areas have walking tracks, swimming holes, beaches and fishing.
Here is a brief overview of some of the more popular areas to visit in the park as well as where you can camp.
- Accessible by 2WD via Sandy Point Road
- You can camp here
- Stoney Creek is a freshwater creek ideal for swimming – be sure to bring reef shoes though
- There is a short 900m return walk along the creek
- Accessible by 2WD
- You can camp here – dog friendly too
- No swimming here due to crocodiles
Water Park Creek
- Accessible by 2WD – 30 minute drive from Yeppoon
- You can camp here
- No swimming here due to crocodiles but you can kayak
- 2WD accessible – 30 minute drive from Yeppoon or can drive with 4WD along Farnborough Beach
- This is a popular beach for fishing and kayaking.
- There is a short 20 minute walk here to Fishing Creek.
Water Park Point Headland
- 4WD accessible only – 44kms from Water Park Creek
- You can camp here at Scouts Camp – a small area with views across Corio Bay to Sandy Point – there are no facilities here and access is only by boat or by walking 30 minutes from the Corio Bay carp ark at low tide.
Five Rocks Visitor Area
- 4WD accessible only – 28kms or 1 hour drive from Water Park Creek
- Vehicle free beach – can swim here
- Can camp here
- Walking tracks: there are two walking tracks here from 1 hour to 4 hours, walks take you along the beach as well as through the wetlands.
Five Rocks Beach Area
- 4WD accessible only – 34kms from Water Park Creek or can walk from Five Rocks Visitor Area during low tide
- This is Byfield’s most remote beach
- Vehicles only allowed south of the access track – north of the track is vehicle free
Nine Mile Beach
- 4WD accessible only – 32kms from Water Park Creek
- Here you’ll find freshwater streams (can swim here), sand blows and miles of surf beach
- You can camp here – but there are no facilities
- Walking tracks: there are 3 walks here from 30 minutes to 2 hours, along the way you’ll pass the freshwater creek which you can swim in and amazing sand blows from which you can enjoy panoramic views across the coast and rainforest.
- 2WD accessible
- Popular spot for kayaking and fishing – no swimming due to crocodiles and bull sharks
- Can take a walk around the headland at low tide – ensure to time your walk right though to have plenty of time to come back.
The good news is that the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service run these camping grounds, so the rates are dirt cheap. It’s just $6.75 per person or $27 per family per night.
Great Keppel Island Camping
For something a little different how about camping on Great Keppel Island? You can bring your own gear and set up camp at the Holiday Village, or both the Holiday Village and Svendsen’s have permanent tents set up that you can stay in.
The other options are staying at one of the other Keppel Islands run by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Services. So you’ll get the advantage of a tropical island paradise at cheap camping rates!
For more details about camping at Great Keppel Island or any of the other surrounding islands, click here and read our full detailed guide.